INVEST 250.000 USD & BECOME TURKISH CITIZEN
With the decisions published on 19.09.2018 and 07.12.2018 on the Turkish Official Gazette, some regulations regarding the transition of foreigners to Turkish citizenship changed. Turkish citizenship will be given directly to foreigners who buy at least 250.000 USD of real estate in Turkey and who give a commitment to buy a property worth of 250.000 USD from the notary.
A DECISION TO AMEND THE APPLICATION OF THE TURKISH CITIZENSHIP GRANTING LAW
- The Law relating to the Turkish citizenship in force has been amended in accordance with the Council of Minister’s decision dated 11/2/2010, No. 1/2010/2010.
- By amending the term “as requested by the Council of Ministers and the Minister” in Article 20 of the Law, with the term “as requested by the President of the Republic”.
- And amending the terms in item (a) of the same paragraph, instead of the term “2,000,000 USD” “Ministry of Economy” terms “500,000 USD or what equals in Turkish Lira” “Ministry of Industry and Technologies “… are put.
- And amending the terms in item (b), Instead of the term “1,000,000 USD” the term “250,000 USD or equivalent in Turkish Lira”.
- And amending the terms in item (c) Instead of the term “100” “Ministry of Labor and Social Security” the term “50” is put in order “Ministry of Labor and Social Security”.
- And amending the terms in item (ç) Instead of “3,000,000 USD” “Treasury Advisory” terms “500,000 or equivalent to Turkish Lira” “Ministry of Treasury and Finance” are put.
- And amending the term (d) in this way: “Foreign currency of at least 500,000 USD or at least what equals this amount of money, or a real estate investment equivalent to that amount, or capital investment provided that this investment is to be maintained for at least three years, and verifying that by the Capital Markets Authority.”
Resolution No. 418
The resolution was issued in accordance with article 46 of the Turkish Nationality Law No. 5901 concerning the amendment of the decree applied in the law mentioned below concerning the granting of Turkish nationality and comes into force immediately.
6 December 2018
Recep Tayyip Erdogan
President of the Republic
Decree on amendments to the Turkish Citizenship Act
- Article (1) Article (b) of the second paragraph of the decree concerning the application of the Turkish nationality law and within the scope of application was added in accordance with the decision issued by the Council of Ministers on 11/02/2010 No. 2010/139, By adding a phrase after the words ” Which he bought “, the phrase ” Either be a full title deed or a floor easement “, so that the property is paid in cash at a value not less than $ 250,000 or the equivalent in Turkish lira, and organizing a promise to sell contract at notary and put an additional explanation on the title of the property shows that the property cannot be sold or transferred to another party for three years.
- Article 2 This Decree shall enter into force as from the date of its publication.
- Article 3 The President of the Republic shall implement the provisions of this decree.
Directed to: Tabu and Survey Real Estate Directorates in the regions
Personal identification documents, or foreign passports, should be the basis for personal identification in title deed transactions for real persons of foreign nationality. Provided that such documents are granted to them by the competent authorities of the countries to which they belong.
For citizens of the State of Palestine in particular, the identity documents and passports granted to them from other countries (such as refugee travel documents, etc.) are accepted without the need to provide identification documents and passports issued by their country of origin.
If the Palestinian nationality holder is submitted with the residence permit issued by the Directorate General of Turkish Immigration, the Turkish ID number for foreigners should be written in the field of the foreign identity number in the electronic transaction called TAKBİS (which can be obtained from e-Devlet, Tabu, and real estate survey).
If the TC number is not available, you must type the passport number or foreign state identification number.
If the document is written in non-Latin characters, the Tabu Directorate may request translation of identity card or foreign passport (amended by approval No. 1058120 dated 06/03/2019).
As for stateless persons (without nationality), they will use the Turkish residence card mentioned in the above documents: in the place of identity card or passport (under the amendment made by decision No. 1058120 dated 6/3/2019), and a special search and investigation of the personal identity of stateless persons, granted to them by the State Administration, will be conducted under article 50/2 of the Foreigners and International Protection Act No. 6458.
ARRANGE A VIEWING TOUR
We are highly professional and experienced real estate company at Turkish citizenship by investment. We have helped hundreds of people to get citizenship.
We show you the best price guaranteed properties which will be convenient for the citizenship program.
PURCHASE A PROPERTY
We provide legal support with our company lawyers who have experience in citizenship by investment program. It’s a very easy-going program with Wox Real Estate.
It’s 2 to 6 months period depending on the applicant’s number of family members, documentation.
Stages Of Citizenship In Turkey
> Registration and approval of the application
> Sending the file to the competent General Directorate to study the file
> Preliminary audit of the file
> The extended auditing stage, archiving, and transferring the file to the competent authorities for evaluation
> Entering the file within the list of citizenship to be approved by the Council of Ministers
> The stage of making a decision regarding the file
> Reporting the result through the authority through which the file has been applied
Turkish Citizenship Questions
> How to get Turkish citizenship?
- Turkish citizenship can be obtained through real estate investment with more than $250 thousand in Turkey, along with a pledge not to sell the property for 3 years.
> What is the new Turkish citizenship law?
- The citizenship law in Turkey which is published in the Turkish Official Newspaper on 19-09-2018 includes the possibility to apply for Turkish citizenship, according to one of the following ways:
- Buying a property worth more than $ 250,000, and not selling it for 3 years.
- A fixed investment with a value of no less than 500 thousand USD.
- Providing job opportunities for 50 Turkish citizens at least.
- Depositing no less than 500 thousand dollars in a Turkish bank.
> What are the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship?
- Buying a property in Turkey from a Turkish citizen or from a Turkish legal person (such as buying from Turkish real estate company).
- The property must have a statutory title deed (a title deed must be issued to it) even if it is still under construction.
- The price of the property is more than 250 thousand USD.
- Paying the price of the property through a bank transfer from a bank outside or inside Turkey.
- The buyer pledges not to sell the property for 3 years.
> How can I calculate the exchange rate of the US dollar and Turkish lira when paying for the property?
- The dollar exchange rate will be calculated according to the official rate on the date of purchase, according to the price of the Turkish Central Bank bulletin.
> How long does it take to get Turkish citizenship in exchange for buying a property?
- The Turkish government has opened a special office regarding citizenship, it receives requests of investors and speeds up the process of studying the files. Issuing the citizenship decision takes up to 45 days after receiving the file with all the required documents.
> Is there any requirement for the interview or the test at any of the stages of obtaining Turkish citizenship?
- No, after receiving the file with all required documents, the citizenship decision is taken after studying the file at the Turkish government only.
> What is the new Turkish citizenship law?
The new Turkish citizenship law was issued and it included an amendment regarding certain conditions, whoever fulfill any of them is entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship as follows:
- Purchasing property of at least $ 250,000 and not selling it for 3 years, instead of $ 1 million in the previous law.
- A fixed investment with a value of no less than 500 thousand USD.
- Providing job opportunities for at least 50 Turkish citizens instead of 100 citizens formerly.
- Reducing the value of the deposit condition in Turkish banks from 3 million dollars to 500 thousand dollars.
> What are the citizenship conditions in Turkey?
Turkish citizenship can be obtained in several ways including buying a property in Turkey, provided that the date of buying the property is after 12/1/2017.
> What is the easiest way to obtain Turkish citizenship?
- The easiest and fastest way to obtain Turkish citizenship in less than 90 days is to apply for citizenship after purchasing a property that conforms to citizenship conditions in Turkey.
> How to obtain Turkish citizenship?
- Turkish citizenship can be obtained through 4 ways as follows:
- First: Residing in Turkey for 5 continuous years with a work permit.
- Second: Exceptional Turkish citizenship, which is granted in special cases that include those with higher degrees.
- Third: Investing more than 250 thousand dollars in real estate and not selling the property for 3 years.
- Fourth: Obtaining Turkish citizenship after 3 years of marriage to a Turkish citizen.
> How to obtain a Turkish passport?
- The Turkish passport can be obtained through investment and it has several situations, such as real estate investment of an apartment or commercial store in Turkey, provided that the price of the property is more than 250 thousand dollars.
> How much is the value of the suitable property for Turkish citizenship?
- The property that was purchased on 19/09/2018 and later must be at least $ 250,000.
- The property purchased between 12/01/2017 and 18/09/2018 must be at least $ 1 million worth.
> Is it necessary to live in Turkey to obtain Turkish citizenship?
- No, residence in Turkey is not required to obtain Turkish citizenship, you can obtain Turkish citizenship after purchasing the property in Turkey, even if the place of your permanent residence is outside of Turkey.
> Is it enough to buy one property to obtain Turkish citizenship?
- Yes, it is enough to buy one property, provided that it worth a value of more than $ 250,000.
- You can also buy several properties on the condition that their combined value is more than $ 250,000.
> Can I sell the property immediately after obtaining Turkish citizenship?
- No, the property can only be sold after 3 years from the date of purchase and you must write a pledge not to sell the property for 3 years. This pledge is recorded within the title deed.
> Is it possible to obtain dual citizenship in Turkey?
- It is possible to hold more than one nationality in Turkey, and there are no conditions by the Turkish government regarding the waiver of your original nationality when obtaining Turkish citizenship.
> How long does it take to obtain nationality in Turkey?
- The duration of obtaining Turkish citizenship for investors may take up to 90 days to complete all legal and statutory procedures and approvals.
> Can I obtain a residence permit in Turkey while waiting for Turkish citizenship?
- After purchasing a property conforms to the conditions of Turkish citizenship and applying for Turkish citizenship, a residence permit is issued to you and your family quickly.
> Is residing in Turkey required after purchasing the property?
- Residing in Turkey is not required after purchasing the property, but the property should not be sold for 3 years.
> Will I be granted Turkish citizenship automatically when I meet the conditions?
- The Turkish government studies the file for each investor and based on the security study of the file, the decision to grant citizenship is taken independently for each application. The decision is issued if approved by the Presidency of the republic.
> How to apply for citizenship in Turkey?
- 1. Choosing a suitable property conforms to the conditions of Turkish citizenship.
- Paying for the property through a bank transfer from inside or outside Turkey.
- Placing a reservation on the property that prevents it from being sold for three years after obtaining the title deed.
- Obtaining a letter from the Land Registry Directorate stating that the property conforms with conditions for obtaining citizenship.
- Applying at the citizenship office to obtain an investor residence and start the studying of the file.
- If the file is approved, the citizenship decision will be issued to the investor, his wife, and children under 18 years of age. The investor and his entire family can receive passports and national ID cards from Turkey or one of the Turkish representations abroad.
> Do I need to complete Turkish military service if I become a Turkish citizen?
- If you acquire Turkish citizenship after the age of 22, you will be exempted from military service in Turkey. All details of the Military Service Law provided to you by Imtilak Real Estate in the following article: Military Service Postponement and Exemption Fee in Turkey.
> Do all partners in the property get Turkish citizenship?
- More than one partner in one property can obtain Turkish citizenship when the value of each partner’s share in the property is more than $ 250,000 for example if the number of partners is 2, then the value of the property must be more than 500 thousand dollars for each partner to obtain the Turkish citizenship.
> Is it required to waiver the original citizenship when obtaining Turkish citizenship?
- The Turkish government does not require the waiver of original nationality upon obtaining Turkish citizenship, but there may be other legal controls from the government of the other country of which the investor holds its nationality.
> What are the advantages of obtaining Turkish citizenship?
- The investors who obtain Turkish citizenship will enjoy all the rights of the Turkish citizens, and they will obtain the Turkish passport that entitles them to enter several countries without a visa.
> Is learning the Turkish language required before obtaining Turkish citizenship?
- No, proficiency in the Turkish language is required to obtain Turkish citizenship.
> What is the way for the Syrians to obtain Turkish citizenship?
Turkish citizenship for a Syrian citizen can be obtained through one of the following methods:
1. A fixed investment with a value of no less than 500 thousand USD.
2. Providing job opportunities for at least 50 Turkish citizens.
3. Depositing no less than 500 thousand dollars in a Turkish bank.If the Syrian investors succeed in obtaining Turkish citizenship through one of these methods, then they have the right to buy real estate in Turkey like any Turkish citizen.
> What are the stages of Turkish citizenship?
The application for Turkish citizenship passes through eight stages, as follows:
1. First stage: Handing the documents over and checking from by the state.Note: That in the case of applying for citizenship in exchange for an investment, the submission will be to the citizenship office immediately after fulfilling the investment conditions, to obtain the investor’s residence and start studying the Turkish citizenship file. If the file is approved, the citizenship decision of the investor and his family will be issued, passports and national identity cards can be received from Turkey or one of the Turkish representations abroad.
2. Second stage: sending the documents to the capital, Ankara, to check the file and collect information.
3. Third stage: the evaluation of the citizenship department of the file.
4. Fourth stage: Research, audit, and investigation by several directorates and ministries in Turkey to issue the final evaluation.
5. Fifth stage: Collecting several approved applications in one list, and submitting them for approval.
6. Sixth stage: issuing the final decision.
7. Seventh stage: After ratifying the citizenship grant decision, the files are sent to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs.
8. Eighth stage: Review of Directorate of Population to receive the new identity.
> Will I get help in completing the procedures to obtain Turkish citizenship?
Yes, our professional legal team in Imtilak Real Estate can assist you in all governmental procedures and proceedings, complete all required forms and documents, ratify and translate them, and submitting the completed file for you and your family to the citizenship office.
> I do not have time to come to Turkey. How can I get Turkish citizenship?
You can make a delegate to our legal team in Imtilak Real Estate to follow all the procedures on your behalf, and you can rest assured in a full-of-confidence atmosphere.
> Can the Bidoon citizens who have no nationality obtain Turkish citizenship?
Yes, this can be done by purchasing a property worth more than $ 250,000 in Turkey
> Which nationalities are entitled to apply for a Turkish passport?
According to the amendments to the Real Estate Ownership Law in Turkey, most citizens of countries of the world are now able to purchase real estate in Turkey, except for citizens of a few countries. Therefore, investors of all the nationalities that are allowed to own property in Turkey may apply for Turkish citizenship and a Turkish passport, after purchasing real estate in Turkey worth more than 250 thousand US dollars.
> How to get a Turkish passport?
According to the recent Turkish citizenship law and its executive regulations, the Turkish citizenship can be obtained, thus, you obtain the Turkish passport through several methods, including buying a property in Turkey worth more than $250,000.
> What are the conditions for obtaining a Turkish passport?
The Turkish passport can be obtained after acquiring Turkish citizenship in several ways, including buying a property in Turkey with a value of at least 250 thousand dollars.